Surveyor-in-training/Survey Intern (Lubbock, TX or Norman, OK)
The Survey-in-training/Survey Intern is responsible for performing a variety of standard to moderately complex field survey tasks in support of the crew's daily field operations. Assisting the PLS/RPLS and ensuring quality control in the field measurement techniques are central to this position.
- Assists the RPLS/PLS in their daily field and office tasks
- Will be called upon to perform all aspects of surveying as well as other tasks as deemed necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passed the S.I.T./S.I. in state of hire
- Understands and is able to operate standard survey equipment accurately and efficiently.
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Keeps legible and accurate field notes
- Excellent communication skills
- Apply standard scientific/engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations of standard methods and techniques in the field and office
- Works in the field that includes roadways and wooded areas. Position requires use of equipment to clear brush and wooded area to clear line of sight
- May drive to and from job site utilizing company vehicle; moves vehicle as needed at the job site
- Must be able to endure long periods of walking and standing in adverse conditions.
- Must also be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. at a time