Office Specialist (Lubbock, TX)
Under close supervision, files documents, processes business travel arrangements, processes and distributes mail, and distributes interoffice correspondence by performing the following duties.
- Prepares outbound mail and parcels for handling by U.S. Post Office, UPS and FedEx.
- Sorts, dates, and distributes incoming mail.
- Distributes phones messages and interoffice correspondence.
- Coordinates business travel arrangements with travel agency.
- Assists in maintaining office supplies inventory.
- Organizes and files documents according to filing system requirements.
- Searches for and investigates information contained in files, inserts additional data on file records, completes reports, keeps files current, and supplies information from file data or removes files upon request.
- Keeps records of material removed, stamps material received, traces missing files, and types indexing information on folders.
- Makes copies of documents as needed. Types labels.
- Occasionally performs receptionist duties in the absence of regular receptionist.
- Knowledgeable in the use of office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and mail handling equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to run errands as needed