BIM (Building Information Modeling) Specialist (Any Parkhill Office)
The BIM Specialist will be part of the Design Technology team, reporting to and assisting the Architectural Technology Manager and will help with the successful execution and implementation of technology and processes used by our project teams.
Our ideal candidate will be an outgoing, creative individual with excellent communication skills. Revit experience is necessary as you will contribute to a wide range of projects.
As a key part of the Design Technology team, your responsibilities will be varied but will broadly include:
- Developing and maintaining Revit content libraries through creation of families, documentation of standards, and maintenance and development of typical detail libraries.
- Coordinate project templates and communication between all disciplines at Parkhill to ensure an integrated workflow.
- Setting up project models according to company standards for the design teams
- Training staff and developing curriculum on the use of Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, visual programming, and computational modelling.
- Tracking industry trends, attending industry events, and developing techniques to improve our internal processes.
- Helping to develop/review project BIM execution plans. Ensure any changes in procedure and standards are effectively incorporated on projects.
- Managing BIM project data sets, regularly reviewing BIM models to ensure compliance with Project standards and requirements.
- Performing daily model management administration and maintenance.
- Direct Collaboration with the design teams to ensure design intent in the development of discipline BIM models.
- Providing technical support and mentoring as required to the project team.
- Managing all incoming and outgoing project models, drawing information and maintaining an accurate copy of all deliverable content.
- Champion best practices in BIM project design and delivery processes.
- At the project and regional BIM team level, actively practice and support ongoing improvements to our automation tools, software, and standard methodology workflows.
- Digital Engineering Communication, documenting lessons learned and presenting methods and outcomes to the regional BIM team.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience working in the building design/construction industry
- Interest and passion for all aspects of the built environment and how ideas become reality
- Proficiency in Revit
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Familiarity in a recognized modelling platform – Rhino, Sketchup or similar
- Familiarity in a recognized coordination platform or tools – Navisworks, Solibri, or similar
- Familiarity with programming or visual scripting Python, Grasshopper, Dynamo or similar