Electrical Engineer (Lubbock, Austin or Frisco, TX)
Parkhill is seeking to hire a full-time Electrical Engineer.
This engineer position offers a competitive salary plus opportunities for bonuses. We provide comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and life insurance, pre-tax programs for child and health care, paid time off, employer-funded retirement plan, Intern Development Program, short and long-term disability, and an excellent wellness program. In addition to our great benefits, our employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, professional development and a life-balance friendly work environment.
Parkhill is a multidisciplinary firm that provides comprehensive architectural and engineering design services for a multitude of projects in the government, commercial, and institutional sectors. We benefit from our projects every day--our children go to the schools we design, we drink the water from our treatment plant designs, our trash goes to the landfill we designed, and we receive medical care from the hospitals that we designed. The projects we build together make a real difference in our community, and that makes coming to work each day more rewarding.
"Employees are our most valuable resource." You may hear that a lot. But at Parkhill, we don't just pay lip service to the idea. We act on it. Parkhill aggressively recruits the best talent in the region then fosters a working environment where every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute. We invest in specialized training, continuing education, and professional licensing that propel our people toward their personal and professional goals.
- Strong work-ethic
- Ability to apply technical skills to routine projects
- Ability to work in teams, communicate well and delegate tasks
- Desire to learn new things and diligence to execute
- Desire to take pride in, and ownership for one's own work
- Ability to interact with Clients and subconsultants
- Ability to manage one's time well
Typical tasks to be performed include
- Collecting and analyzing project data associated with MEP/S projects
- Performing calculations and notes for incorporation into plans
- Basic design of Electrical layout
- Exhibiting a keen interest in a high standard of quality and accuracy
- Visiting construction sites to observe progress and conformance to plans and specifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Passed the Electrical Fundamentals of Engineering and can provide an EIT/EI # is preferred
- Ability to use Revit/BIM is required and ability to use AutoCAD is preferred as well
- 2+ years of previous electrical building design experience in a consultant capacity is preferred