Project Assistant (Any Parkhill Office)
Parkhill is seeking to hire a full-time Project Assistant.
This position offers a competitive salary, paid overtime plus opportunities for bonuses. We provide comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and life insurance, pre-tax programs for child and health care, paid time off, employer-funded retirement plan, short and long-term disability, and an excellent wellness program. In addition to our great benefits, our employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, professional development and a life-balance friendly work environment.
Parkhill is a multidisciplinary firm that provides comprehensive architectural and engineering design services for a multitude of projects in the government, commercial, and institutional sectors. We benefit from our projects every day--our children go to the schools we design, we drink the water from our treatment plant designs, our trash goes to the landfill we designed, and we receive medical care from the hospitals that we designed. The projects we build together make a real difference in our community, and that makes coming to work each day more rewarding.
"Employees are our most valuable resource." You may hear that a lot. But at Parkhill, we don't just pay lip service to the idea. We act on it. Parkhill aggressively recruits the best talent in the region then fosters a working environment where every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute. We invest in specialized training, continuing education, and professional licensing that propel our people toward their personal and professional goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates activities concerned with project administration and assist Project Managers with various tasks and procedures.
- Assist with front desk reception; Take care of client, contractor and vendor needs as they call or visit the office.
- Review Prime Agreement and Subcontract Agreements, copy Agreements, Scope and Schedule and distribute to PM/PA/PE and others as needed.
- Prepare draft transmittal letters.
- Attend meetings and prepare draft meeting minutes for PM approval.
- Coordinate and schedule project reproduction and distribution to plan rooms.
- Prepare and coordinates prime and subcontractor amendments or extensions of contracts.
- Assists in distribution of bid documents.
- Compiles data for preparing opinions of probable construction cost.
- Assists Owner with Advertisement for Bids.
- Coordinate addendum preparation and distribution.
- Maintains contract and contractor status databases and change order history.
- Assists Owner with Contract awards.
- Receives and reviews all incoming construction correspondence/ submittals and forwards / responds as necessary under direction of PM.
- Receives and coordinates processing of shop drawing submittals and RFI's.
- Coordinate preparation and execution of change orders and construction change directives.
- Drafts Certificate of Payments documents.
- Prepares construction contract completion documents.
- Prepare and coordinate submittals of forms for authority having jurisdiction such as TAS Reviews, TCEQ and others.
Education and/or Experience
High school Diploma and two years practical experience with Architectural and Engineering projects preferred. Must type at least 50 WPM.