CADD Technician (Lubbock, TX)
Under direction, the CAD Technician creates graphical representations of various survey related projects, performs various calculations and reduces data from field observations. Understanding basic survey field techniques and ensuring quality control of the survey elements are central to this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare layout and perform drafting tasks and calculations from simple instructions demonstrating a broad knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation InRoads.
- Prepares technical drawings, exhibits, maps, and reports.
- Participates in pre-survey planning meetings with project managers/surveyors
- Review scope of work for compliance.
- Runs calculations utilizing CAD programs
- Supports a field survey crew engaged in making plane and/or geodetic surveys for construction, topographic, right-of-way, and control survey projects with data and calculations.
- Use Microsoft Excel for tasks ranging from simple calculations to database population, to exhibits for client submittal.
- Review / Interpret data from field notes with Party Chief to clarify discrepancies, to assure conformance with the scope, and adherence to standard survey practices.
- Analyzes raw data for mathematical closure and geometric accuracy.
- Prepares finished grade sheets, corner records and other survey reports.
- Maintains field data records, survey project files, and indexing system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or MicroStation Inroads.
- Proficient in Excel or equivalent program.
- Knowledge of GIS database management.
- Basic knowledge of land surveying laws and regulations.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and construction methods.
- Ability to work with field employees
- Multitasking abilities
- Understands basic survey skills and the data collection systems.
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Excellent communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified to Degree Level or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience as a Crew Chief or equivalent.