Civil Engineering Project Engineer – Aviation (DFW Area or Austin, TX)
Parkhill is seeking a project engineer who is motivated to help growing aviation deliver relevant and innovative ideas. This position is a unique opportunity to lead a design team to support and enhance Parkhill's range of expertise in aviation related work.
This civil engineer position offers a competitive salary plus opportunities for bonuses. We provide comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and life insurance, pre-tax programs for child and health care, paid time off, employer-funded retirement plan, company paid short and long-term disability, and an excellent wellness program. In addition to our great benefits, our employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, professional development and a work environment that promotes healthy life balance.
Parkhill is a multidisciplinary firm that provides comprehensive architectural and engineering design services for a multitude of projects in the government, commercial, and institutional sectors. We benefit from our projects every day--our children go to the schools we design, we drink the water from our treatment plant designs, our trash goes to the landfill we designed, and we receive medical care from the hospitals that we designed. The projects we build together make a real difference in our community, and that makes coming to work each day more rewarding.
"Employees are our most valuable resource." You may hear that a lot. But at Parkhill, we don't just pay lip service to the idea. We act on it. Parkhill aggressively recruits the best talent in the region then fosters a working environment where every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute. We invest in specialized training, continuing education, and professional licensing that propel our people toward their personal and professional goals.
Learn more here: Aviation | Parkhill
- Focus on project design, specifically on infrastructure projects
- Becoming a Trusted Advisor to those clients
- Actively networking with existing and potential aviation clientele
- Individual must be able to lead a multi-person, multi-firm team to successfully complete excellent design of aviation projects
- Individual must be willing to and capable of mentoring other team members
- Anticipate travel as needed
- Community involvement including active participation and seeking leadership roles in civic, technical, and professional organizations
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required
- Professional engineer registration in Texas
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the types of responsibilities listed above
- Experience at Part 139 certificated airports a must
- Experience dealing with FAA and state Departments of Transportation a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact effectively with clients, staff, municipal authorities, vendors, and contractors
- Engaged in the community with a 30, 60, 90-day plan to achieve identified goals