Civil Professional Engineer - Water Resources (Woodward, OK)
Parkhill is seeking to hire a Professional Civil Engineer with a specialization in Water Resources to join our growing team. This opportunity will be in our Woodward office. Our Civil Engineer has the opportunity to support and enhance our range of expertise in water resources by leading, growing, and developing a great civil engineering team.
Learn more here: Water Resources | Parkhill
This position offers competitive compensation plus opportunities for bonuses. We provide comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and life insurance, pre-tax programs for child and health care, paid time off, employer-funded retirement plan, short and long-term disability, and an excellent wellness program. In addition to our great benefits, our employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, professional development, and a life-balance work environment.
Parkhill is a multidisciplinary firm that provides comprehensive architectural and engineering design services for a multitude of projects in government, commercial, and institutional sectors. We benefit from our projects every day--our children go to the schools we design, we drink the water from our treatment plant designs, our trash goes to the landfill we designed, and we receive medical care from the hospitals that we designed. The projects we build together make a real difference in our community, and that makes coming to work each day just a little more rewarding.
"Employees are our most valuable resource." You may hear that a lot. But at Parkhill we don't just pay lip service to the idea. We act on it. We aggressively recruit the best talent in the region then foster a working environment where every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute. At Parkhill, we invest in specialized training, continuing education, and professional licensing that propel our people toward their personal and professional goals.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A PROFESSIONAL CIVIL ENGINEER
As a Civil Engineer, you are excited to come to work each day to lead your team of engineers and technicians to success. You manage many projects including water wells and well fields, water storage, booster pump/lift stations, water transmission for distribution design and other design criteria are essential to the development of long-term relationships with our clients.
In addition to developing proposals, scopes, and fees, you manage the demands of planning and modeling, regulatory compliance and permitting. Your exceptional communication skills assist you in developing successful relationships with clients, staff, municipal authorities, vendors, and contractors. You also utilize these skills as you present at hearings, commissions, and council meetings. It is rewarding to know that your hard work makes a positive impact on our community.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering.
- Professional engineer registration in OK with ability to get in NM & TX.
- At least 5 years of experience in water resources.
- Experience with software including AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS is preferred.
- Expert level knowledge of civil engineering practices, principles and keep up with the ever-changing industry trends.
- Detailed understanding of engineering project management methods with the ability to plan a project start to finish, taking into account time, cost and resources.
- An effective leader with good communication skills, ability to motivate, and a strong team builder.
- Possess strategic and effective delegation skills.
- Expert level knowledge of environmental regulations and workplace safety regulations.
- Ability to get your group on the same page and establish a team mission with the same goals.
- Maintaining a high level of organization to maximize business hours to achieve a solid life balance and to strategically prioritize tasks.
- Mastered the skill of proactively managing risk.
- Setting goals with a focus on the long-term needs of Parkhill.
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate their observations to design a system that will withstand the elements on the installation site.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment with non-Engineer decision makers and be able to communicate plans.