Civil Engineering Student - Environmental (NM/TX)
Under close supervision, performs routine tasks requiring knowledge of fundamental engineering, mathematical and construction concepts. Provides support to engineers, CADD supervisor, or project team in the preparation of graphic materials, design sketches, study materials and permit applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with construction phase services as directed by project engineer.
- Assists with checking of engineering calculations.
- Assists with fundamental project tasks such as quantity takeoffs, cost estimates, and basic design calculations.
- Assists in preparing marketing proposals.
- Assists in collecting field data and test samples.
- Assists in maintaining technical library.
- Performs routine filing and delivery of documents.
- Proficient in the use of computers, computer aided design and other relevant software and hardware tools.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Student status in civil engineering or an appropriate related discipline at an accredited college or university.